Welcome to my blog! I am a Northern New Jersey based Phoographer who specializes in on-location photography of the human & pet kind. Enjoy having a look around and please feel free to leave a comment.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Talk about spooky!

I had the day off from work today, and although a bit stuffy from a cold, I decided to head over to one of the neighboring towns to check out a really cool spot a friend of mine had told me about. This section of the train station has laid abandoned for at least 20 years (there is a small section that is still used further down the road). Although very dilapidated, many of the old trains still sit there. It was actually very creepy. You can tell that many transients must have used this place as a temporary "home" or a place to do illegal acts without getting caught, at some point or another.

I am actually quite surprised that this place is so accessible and that there are virtually no "no trespassing" signs. The old train station building is now a night club you people pretty much have to go by all of these dilapidated trains to get to it... so strange.


Mural under the highway overpass









I didn't get a chance to get a close-up view of all of the train cares (I was honestly too freaked out to venture too far off the road) but I definitely plan on going back again





The back of the old train station building (built around 1900) and is now occupied as a nightclub






How gorgeous is the detailing on this door?!










Inside one of the train cars





What...? Doesn't everyone bring a shopping cart onto the train before the board? lol













0 comments: