Welcome to my blog! I am a Northern New Jersey based Phoographer who specializes in on-location photography of the human & pet kind. Enjoy having a look around and please feel free to leave a comment.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Forgotten

I decided to get some exercise today so I went walking on a local trail which happened to go by a farmer's market (what can I say, I was craving a caramel apple as well as banana granola mix!)

These were hidden behind the farmer's market, just off the trail (prepare for a picture heavy post)


An old firetruck






All but forgotten








Shattered windshield





Peeling paint





Can't quite make out what it said but I just loved the bright red in contrast with the rusty orange eroding the truck









Another old, rundown truck found on the property





For some reason I have a fascination with old handles or door knobs - as though they are a gateway to the past





Rusted old farm machinery





Imagine my surprise seeing this when I walked around the back of the firetruck to snap some pictures

Boo! lol



Turns out they also have a Halloween Hay Ride for the kids that come to visit the farm. It was beat because it was on the walking trail somewhat hidden in the woods.

Though I am not sure what parents would want their young children seeing some of the grotesque things that I saw on that trail. Kind of creepy.


















The trail was absolutely stunning to walk with all of the changing leaves



The weather has been so strange today. It can't make up its mind. One second its sunny, the next its rainy. One second its calm, and the next its windy.

Hope you're all having a great week!

2 comments:

BGrace said...

loving your pictures!! The fire truck says R.T.F.D for Rockaway Township Fire Dept.


that "fireman" on the front was a little freaky and unexpected hahaha!

Cynthia Jill Photography said...

Oh!! Now that makes sense LOL Thanks!