Welcome to my blog! I am a Northern New Jersey based Phoographer who specializes in on-location photography of the human & pet kind. Enjoy having a look around and please feel free to leave a comment.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Everything Old is New Again

First of all, not that this has anything to do with the topic at hand...but what a great way to start off the morning

YUMM! A Starbucks Caramel Macchiato and a grilled stuffed cinnamon apple pretzel spells disaster for any caolorie counting diet! Good thing I don't believe in dieting ;)

And now to the topic at hand...I use to be creeped out by older things when I was little. I don't know why exactly. I guess it was the sense of not knowing who that old object once belonged to (could have been a perv or criminal for all I knew! lol) But these days, I don't know what changed but I just love antiques! I have always been interested in history - in particular, the Civil War through the 1930's or so. These antiques are a connection to the past - a past that made us all who were are today.

Speaking of antiques. I got inspired to take some photos today when I stumbled upon the box of antique camera my mother had given me a while back. The box was full of all different sizes, brands, years, features...ect. I decided I'd play around with them , but turns out none of them work :( So, I decided to look up a few working camera models that I am interested in getting. I am definitely getting the No 2 Folding Autographic Brownie and looking into getting a few Brownie's.

Here are a few photos from today:

My great-great grandma's Victrola (ignore all of the dust lol)










One of the Six-16 Brownie Jr's I have in my collection of non-working cameras Haha




A beautiful antique mirror (not exactly sure where it came from though)





Speaking of old cameras, recently I have also been somewhat obsessed with Lomography and Lomo cameras. So I have been experimenting with my pics to make them look more LOMO-like. Here's a photo I took and worked on today.


A little old and definitely priceless, my dog Shelby :)



5 comments:

heidi said...

Oh, you did NOT throw down the Starbucks! Girl, yer killin' this no-dairy-havin=momma. I miss my Starbucks. *sniff sniff*

LOVE the doggie pic!!!

Cynthia Jill Photography said...

Okay, I admit it, I am an adict. I am officially and totally addicted to Starbucks.... which means I can;t help but talk about it LOL ;)

And thanks :) I was shocked she was being so good and actually looking at the camera because there were tons of birds and squirrels in my yard for some odd reason.

Hailey said...

A Starbucks Caramel Macchiato is my fav!
Your dog Shelby is adorable.
Love the way the picture looks. Retro.

Cynthia Jill Photography said...

Thanks Hailey. And since you mentioned it, I am really craving a Caramel Macchiato right now!! lol

shloke said...

great pictures there!