Most of you know the drill. Mckmama hosts "Not Me Monday's" on her blog. They're fun times. Click the banner below to check it out
* I did not buy yet another purse this weekend( that must make #200 LOL)
* I definitely did not snap about 400 photos while in the city today
* I was certainly not disturbed by the dancing hotdog and the monkey watching monkey porn that she saw in the city today(I weill explain all of that in a moment)
* I did not go into Urban Outfitters prepared to buy a Holga camera and walk out empty handed :(
* I do not have 3 days off (in a row!) this week and am certainly not happy about it.
Now on to my day in the city....
I feel so very fortunate to live so close to the city. Its an amazing place that I think everybody should visit at least once in their life. Although, living so close does have a small downside in that I sometimes lose sight of just how incredible the city is (and get annoyed by the traffic, crowds, smells, polution). I normally go into the city with a purpose and a plan - to meet someone for lunch or dinner, go see a show, go to a concert, go see the tree at Christmas, go on a crazy hot air balloon rude over Central Park (lol)....ect. But the last couple of times I have gone in I have just relaxed and walked around to wherever I felt like going, with my camera of course, and in no hurry. Even if its to places I have been to a hundred times before, its nice to just take it all in without worrying about time or where I have to be next.
My first stop was Greenich Village. I just love all of the diversity down there. You always find the unexpected down there. And there's no shortage of photo-ps!
This piece of artwork was literally glowing in the sunlight
And no shortage of posts for me tonight... lol
Check back in a few minutes and I will post about the dancing hotdog and the monkey watching monkey porn (there might even be some vidoes awaiting you when you get back!)